PTA-Parent Teacher Association
PTA – Who We Are
Our mission is to work together to support, inform, and connect the diverse community of Olympic Hills Elementary by investing in our children’s education, safety, and well-being through engaging and inclusive community activities, enrichment programs, and fundraising. We are an open and welcoming group of people from many different backgrounds and would love to meet you!
2020-2021 Board Members
- President: Crystal Finkelstein
- Vice President: Tina Homan
- Treasurer: Kalan Guiley
- Secretary: Jamalyah Allstot
- Building Leadership Team Representative: Ann Hilman
- Membership Chair: Lauren Lederer
- Community Liaison: Josh Finkelstein
- Fundraising Chair: Karoliina Kuisma
- Advocacy Chair: Sanjay Mishra
- Diversity Chair: We would love to talk with you if you are interested in this role!
- Volunteer Coordinator: Anela Deisler
- Communications Chair: Mariah Voutilainen
- Member at Large: Sean Dawson
- Executive Advisor: Jennie Guiley
- Staff Liaisons: Andrea Baumgarten, Susie Henderson and Danielle Vaillancourt
Visit our website at olympichillspta.org/ for the most current updates.
Please contact OlympicHillsPTA@gmail.com with any questions and your email will be forwarded to the appropriate person on the PTA.
Visit us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/OlympicHillsElementary for upcoming events and important announcements!
Programs, Events, and Enrichment activities the PTA has provided in the past
- Computer programming with Scratch
- Chess Club
- Coloring Club
- Meet the Masters Art
- Global Cooking
- Bike Club
- Photography Club
- Drama Club
- Gardening Club
- Nature Club
- Basketball Club
- Yarn Club
- Skate-Like-A-Girl Skateboarding Club
- Family Movie Night
- Family Resource Night
- Work Parties
- Teacher and Staff Appreciation
- OHE Spirit Apparel
- OHE Memory Books
- Art Docent
- Pancake Breakfast
- Lending Library
Ways to Support our School
Donate to the PTA
Olympic Hills PTA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Your donations are tax deductible. You can donate funds to the PTA either via PayPal or credit/debit card by clicking on the ‘Donate’ button. Donated funds will be used for the PTA’s enrichment programs, staff support and other current needs according to our charitable mission.
We also gladly accept checks which can be mailed to Olympic Hills PTA, 13031 26th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98125. Please make sure to make the check payable to Olympic Hills PTA.
Shopping on Amazon
Visit the Shopping on Amazon link to enter Amazon, and a percentage of the purchase (up to 8%) will be donated to Olympic Hills PTA. Give the below link to any friends and family who use Amazon and they can also help support our PTA: amazon.com?_encoding=UTF8&tag=olhipt0c-20
In addition to donating a percentage of your purchase total, you can also shop for items directly on Amazon from the PTA’s wish list. You can also find the wish list by logging into your Amazon account, go to ‘Account & Lists’ tab, then “Your Lists’ and finally ‘Search for Lists and Registries’ and type ‘Olympic Hills Elementary PTA’ in the ‘Find a List or Registry’ box. The item selection will vary based on current needs. Please feel free to share the wish list.
Fred Meyer Rewards
Link your rewards card to OH and the school will receive percentage each quarter.
- Go to fredmeyer.com and either Sign In or Register if you do not already have an online Fred Meyer account
- Once your account is setup go to Account Summary under Account Settings
- Enter your Rewards card number – if you haven’t done so already
- Preferred Store
- Personal Information
- Community Rewards – In the search field type in “Olympic Hills PTA”
- Select Olympic Hills PTA – Organization # 84933
Donors Choose: “Teachers ask, you choose”
Several of our teachers have projects requesting funding using Donors Choose. Click on the link and then search for Olympic Hills Elementary. On Donors Choose, teachers request funding for projects in their classrooms, and donors from anywhere in the world can choose to fund their projects. Once the project has been fully funded, Donors Choose ships the requested supplies directly to the school. Click on the link below and then search for Olympic Hills Elementary: Website: donorschoose.org
Boxtops for Education
Each Boxtop you cut out and bring in is worth 10¢ for Olympic Hills. Look for the boxtops on many of the items you buy regularly for your family – watch the expiration dates! There is a bin by the office where you can deposit your boxtops. Website: Boxtops 4 Education
Local and on-line retailers will contribute a percentage of your purchase (at no cost to you!)
At Bartell Drugs you can get a ‘B’ Caring card in-store and register as Olympic Hills PTA. Bartell Drugs will contribute up to 4% of your purchase to OH PTA every time you shop and present your card. Website: eScrip.com